At the suggestion of Altec Best, I will pose a question for the experts on this forum.
Currently, I have a pair of Magnificents with the N-500-G crossovers. I should take a pic for you to verify, but I'd hate to move these behemoths less I scratch our wooden floors and have to hear about it.As far as I can remember there are different iterations of this xover, but how am I supposed to tell with all the tar goo in the xover cases? Basically, the caps and resistors must be way out of spec because I'm having to EQ these speaks just a little to get them to sound right and I don't like having to do that. Does anyone manufacture a current set of xovers I can use or will I need to build a set? Anyone have the schematics or done this before?
Many thanks in advance!




As far as I can remember there are different iterations of this xover, but how am I supposed to tell with all the tar goo in the xover cases? Basically, the caps and resistors must be way out of spec because I'm having to EQ these speaks just a little to get them to sound right and I don't like having to do that. Does anyone manufacture a current set of xovers I can use or will I need to build a set? Anyone have the schematics or done this before?



Bookmarks